Internship starts January 2020
Supporting Multiple Diverse Companies
3325 Gateway Road, Brookfield, WI
Hours: 20-40/week, $18.00/hr
APPLY: Send resume to email@example.com
Who is OwnersEdge?
OwnersEdge is a 100% employee-owned holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies throughout the Midwest. In 2019 we received the ACG Corporate Growth Award. The businesses within our portfolio currently are CC&N, BAYCOM, QComp Technologies, Rhino Communication Rentals and TourGuide Solutions. Our companies utilize their industry expertise to drive business growth and create value for our stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee owners.
Why should you join our team?
Interns in our IT program will participate in a variety of assignments which will provide them with real-world hands on experience assisting with IT projects that support OwnersEdge and 5 of our affiliate companies. See some specifics below:
- Learn and develop skills in information technology while providing customer service to our employee owners
- Assist with permissioning and set-up within company IT service functions (active directory, etc.)
- Learn and execute Network administration activities such as user access and account management
- Provide deployment & decommissioning support
- Assist with providing support to our IT Manager and Network Administrator
- Contribute by developing, updating, & communicating IT policies to all affiliate businesses with the support of the IT Manager
- Applies basic troubleshooting skills to resolve routine incidents
- Proactively conduct internal IT audits
- Provide support with management and set-up of phones, wireless, access control, alarm system, and cameras
- Assist IT Manager with IT strategy
- Assist with IT projects that support the business area goals and results
We are looking for:
- A junior or senior level college student pursing a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, MIS, IT or a related field
- A self-starter who is hungry to gain hands-on IT experience
- Ability to think critically and troubleshoot issues when they arise
- A passion for technology and a drive to succeed
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- Someone who has the ability to work effectively alone and in a team-based, fast paced environment
*This internship has the ability to convert to a permanent employment opportunity following graduation.